Join our Student Crew!
Are you ready to apply for a semester or year at sea with Class Afloat? Here's what you need to do:
- Complete the online application process by clicking the "Submit Application" button.
- Please note your application should include the following completed attachments:
- Two personal reference forms (in the Application Package)
- Medical form, including blood type - completed and returned to Class Afloat by a physician (in the Application Package)
- Certified lifeguard’s attestation that the candidate can swim 200 meters followed by 20 minutes of treading water
- Copy of all transcripts from grade 9 to present (including current term report card)
- Applicant’s personal résumé
- 300 word essay describing what the applicant expects to gain from the Class Afloat experience and how he/she will contribute to the school community
- Application fee ($200 CAD) to be submitted with application form
Now that you've submitted your formal application to join our student crew, here's what you can expect:
- When a complete application is received, a member of our Admissions Office will contact the applicant for a phone interview.
- The phone or Skype interview lasts 30 minutes and is designed to determine the applicant’s suitability for the Class Afloat program.
- A second, follow-up interview may be arranged.
- Those applicants that demonstrate a genuine motivation to join Class Afloat and whose values align with the program and our community of responsible young people will be accepted and invited to join the school.
- Qualified students are accepted on a first come, first admitted basis.
Acceptance and Contract:Following a successful application and interview(s), Class Afloat will issue an acceptance letter and contract, as well as an Acknowledgement of Risk Statement, and International Travel Consent of Parent/Guardian Form.
The contract and forms must be signed and returned to Class Afloat within three weeks in order to guarantee a spot in the program, along with the registration deposit (as outlined in the contract).